wired network along with wireless

chris6891 21:56 18 May 03

hi all, i've currently got 2 computers networked using a cross over cable, and i have another 2 computer which I wish to join to the network, using a hub/switch etc...I can do that fine. However, I also have 2 laptops which I would like to use anywhere in the house, so by doing so I would like to have the wired network and the wireless joined. i knoww i need an access point etc, but how would I get that connected to the wired network? help please.

jazzypop 22:19 18 May 03

click here and see the diagrams.

Basically, you get a wireless access point, plug that into your router, and connect the laptops to the wireless access point.

If you want to share web access between them all, get a router.

Forum Editor 22:22 18 May 03

you'll need a hub.

Get a multiport dual speed hub - there are lots of them and they have a pretty simple job to do, so they aren't that expensive.

Connect everything to it - wireless access point, wired network cables, and the cable coming from the network adapter on the main computer - the one that has the internet connection. Then you'll be able to share the connection over both the wired and wireless networks.

It works - I have exactly the same situation at home.

chris6891 22:30 18 May 03

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…