WIRED NETWORK

SUPERMAN3D 06:05 09 Jan 07

Ok this is pretty easily explained but i'm still having a problem with it!!!! I recently set a up a small home network I machine runs XP Home the other XP Pro. My problem is I can't see any of the hsraed folders on the machine with XP Home. The machine with XP Pro sees all the shared folders in My Network Places, but the XP Pro machine again does not. All the file and Printer sharing options have been done as they should I set both PCs up the same way. I cab access the files from the Pro machine just fine when I click view Network Computers. I'm seeing both PCs there and I access the shared files that way with the home machine. It is not a problem of not be able to share it is a problem that it bugs me that I can't see anything in My Network PLaces on the one machine, Is it something I just forgot to allow? anything would be helpful cause it is driving me crazy !!!!!

Batch 09:08 09 Jan 07

What firewall software are you using (if any)?

Strawballs 10:03 09 Jan 07

As Batch has said it could be a problem with the firewall that you have on the machine that is causing you problems not set to allow your network traffic.

SUPERMAN3D 20:26 09 Jan 07

Ok The firewall is off on both machines has been since the beginning. The software is just the basic SP2 firewall. I turned it off on both adapters on both machines could it just be a setting that needs to be checked??

SUPERMAN3D 20:28 09 Jan 07

Again as I said from the beginning I can share from both machines I just can't see anything in my Network Places in the PC with XP Home. Even the folders "I'm" sharing are not showing up!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now