WIRE-LESS CONNECTIONS !

MAD_MIKE 00:26 28 Mar 05

Now this might sound a bit on the silly side,well to some at least,but i have been thinking about these things called wireless routers and networking. With all these radio waves buzing about how safe are they,are they digitaly encoded with each one having it's own frequency and what sort of range do they have. I'm thinking on the lines of interference with one onother in blocks of flats or high desity housing. Over to you the ever helpful experts to help me sleep at night!

Forum Editor 01:09 28 Mar 05

Wireless networks - at least the ones you're likely to find in high-density housing areas - have a very limited range, are unlikely to interfere with each other, and can be configured to prevent unauthorised use by people in neighbouring houses/flats.

If you live in or near a city, or a big urban conurbation, you will have transmissions from radio and TV stations, mobile phones, public and private services, and government communications systems passing through your body 24 hours a day, and (short of living in a lead-lined bunker) there's nothing you can do about it.

MAD_MIKE 01:28 28 Mar 05

DEAR EDITOR
I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR SECOND PARAGRAPH AS I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A AR5000A/A+3 WITH A SDU5600.WHAT I WAS ACTUALLY TRYING TO SAY WAS WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS CRUISING OROUND WITH ONE OF THESE GADGETS COULD THEY PICK UP AND USE THE INFO THAT WAS BEING TRANSMITTED,JUST A THOUGHT.
REGARDS
MIKE
PS. I THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMFORMATIVE FORUM ON THE WHOLE WIDE WEB,THERE IS ALWAYS SOME KIND SOLE OUT THERE TO HELP THE LIKES OF MYSELF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…