wire free broadband connection

puma22 19:29 20 Jul 05

Hi, I want to move my PC away from the phone socket but do not want to mess around with cables.
I have a fairly new machine running XP and broadband from BT and a BT voyager 105 modem.
Can anyone suggest an easy way of doing a wirelss connection?
Cheers

PUNKA 19:32 20 Jul 05

Top left of this page should help you on your way.

retep888 20:06 20 Jul 05

I would suggest you investing on one of this,e.g.

click here

There are some other bundles available as well,the choice is yours.

retep888 20:11 20 Jul 05
  Taff36 00:47 21 Jul 05

click here Personal favourite of mine. If you notice you can "collect from store" at the web based price. You need to order the bundle on line but select the collect fro store option. The website will tell you which local store has it in stock and you collect it! BUT .... have a good look round at other similar products. The beauty about this one is that the router is good (Instructions for set up are not so good but we can sort that out for you!) and the USB Wireless adapter is included so there is no need to put anything inside the computer as long as you have a spare USB port.

Taff36 00:51 21 Jul 05

Now go to this forum post click here and follow the three links to other posts under my name. Make notes and read the threads. That should give you a few other forum members ideas.

puma22 13:12 21 Jul 05

Thanks for the information. I have contacted BT who say 'I can confirm to you that the BT Broadband Basic package is not compatible with a wireless router due to the programming of the package.' Have looked at other threads and it seems as if you CAN actually do this.
Any further adivce as to what to do to make the actual connection - I have decided to take Taff36's advice (ta very much) so will be using the D-Link DSL 904.
Cheers

puma22 17:01 21 Jul 05

Have now restarted this thread on networking forum. Am happily up and running altough in a wired way. Would appreciate help and guidance on the new thread
thanks once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…