Wipe System

GTO Steve 12:29 04 Apr 04

Could anyone give me instruction on how to wipe everything off my hard drive please?

Steve

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:51 04 Apr 04

If you are bonkers paranoid....click here but all you need to do is reformat it unless you are a spook from the CIA...and then you wouldn't be asking this.

For XP....Pop your Windows XP disk in the CD ROM drive and wait for the installation menu to come up. Choose "Install Windows XP" then it will go into a new screen that lists a bunch of steps. From the from the pulldown menu choose "New Installation (Advanced)" and let the software do the rest.

It will wipe out all the data on your hard drive and put a fresh copy of Windows XP on the system.

For 98 etc......click here

G

Sethhaniel 12:52 04 Apr 04

if its progs only go to add/remove and try from there

GTO Steve 13:09 04 Apr 04

I have Windows 2000, I installed Windows XP but the product was wrong and when it boots up it bootd up with XP and asks for the XP key which I havent got so I want to take it off and put 2000 back on but cant get XP off now.

GTO Steve 13:15 04 Apr 04

Thanks

Graham ® 13:22 04 Apr 04

If you have the 2000 CD, Maybe GANDALFs suggestion will work with that.

Graham ® 13:32 04 Apr 04

Please respond in the thread only. Emails are by invitation only.

GTO Steve 13:36 04 Apr 04

Sorry Graham, first time on PCadvisor, didnt realise.
GTO Steve

Graham ® 13:39 04 Apr 04

No problem. Hope you become a regular.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…