Wipe Hard Drive

Graham.hill6 16:52 08 Jan 03
  Graham.hill6 16:52 08 Jan 03

Please could you give me help and step by step instructions for a complete novice in wiping my hard drive.

Djohn 17:00 08 Jan 03

Which O/S do you have on at the moment, and are you putting the same one back on. Also if you post back and let people know how you would like your drive set-up and what size is it.

BRYNIT 17:05 08 Jan 03

Also make sure you have all relivant disk ie o/s, drivers for MB video card etc and programs you want to reload.

Graham.hill6 20:32 08 Jan 03

Please could you give me help and step by step instructions for a complete novice in wiping my hard drive.
What is O/S, i'm on windows 98 special edition, its an athlon 1 gig processer and a 40 gb hard drive.
I have all relevant programmes on disc.

Quiller. 20:51 08 Jan 03

Graham.hill6

This may help you.

click here

Eastender 21:02 08 Jan 03

This site may be of sme help:-

click here

DieSse 22:15 08 Jan 03

Is this a wipe because you are selling the system and wish there to be no chance of anyone recovering information from it??

In this case you can use click here

If it's just to get a clean disk to re-install, then all you have to do is format the disk, using the format program on your boot floppy disk.

Eastender 21:00 10 Jan 03

For easy step by step guide to reformatting and re-installing click here

Paranoid Android 22:16 10 Jan 03

If you are a complete novice this may not be a job you should be doing yourself. Wiping the hard disk is one thing, getting everything working properly afterwards is another.

Do you have a PC literate friend who could assist ?

Where about do you live (nearest main town will do).

Marvin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…