//some 3rd party need geo

WinZip8

bpzoom 17:12 13 Mar 03

First is winzip8 the latest version please? I looked at the previous winzip threads and did not find a question I am about to ask. Perhaps no one is quite as obtuse as I am. Here goes, I know that compressed files aimed at me from the net are decompressed and vice-versa without me having to worry about it. My problem is I read CP Advisor and want to do the things readers say they do. I know what folders are and where they are and how they work. BUT Q1. Is a WinZip Archive just another name for a Winzip folder, if so,where does it live? I tried the attractive hint in CP Advisor P124 Spring 2003 to zip and back up the entire contents of My Docs, but could not locate the zipped file to drag it to my CD drive.Where would I find it please?

DieSse 17:34 13 Mar 03

A Winzip archive is not a folder, it's a file. As to where they are when you make a WinZip archive/file - they'll be where you put them, and called whatever you called them. I suggest you go throught the procedure again, and look at all the information on the screen as to where the archive will go, and where you set the name - it's all there.

As to the latest version, check here click here

If you've made WinZip files and lost them, do a Find/Search for *.zip - and you will find all the zipped files in your system - you should be able to identify any you want.

jazzypop 17:42 13 Mar 03

As with many other computer-related topics, there is a wealth of information available on the Web. Go to Google.co.uk and type 'guide winzip' (without the quotes), and you will see many, many sites offering detailed guidance.

Here's a few of them -

click here

click here

click here

bpzoom 18:37 13 Mar 03

DieSse and jazzypop, Thanks for that I will take it from there and see if I can work it out. I just thought the zipped files would appear somewhere in the Windows Explorer window, in a folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…