Winzip in Windows XP?

splinternet 22:50 03 Sep 03

I want to zip up some files for emailing, but can't find Winzip anywhere. Does MS not provide this with XP? I notice I can unzip received zip files (maybe it's AOL that handles that?)

powerless 22:52 03 Sep 03

Right click the file(s) and choose "sent to" abd click

Compressed (zipped) folder

Darren-224298 22:58 03 Sep 03

There is a limited zip extractor in Windows XP however u cannot compress (or zip files) with it. Its merely an add on to allow users without any additional utilities installed to extract zipped files.

Try either click here for an eval of WinZip 8.1 or click here.

WinRar I believe is still free I believe and WinXip is a time limited trial with full functionality, however when it times out it still works 100% , you are just served a reminder to purchase every time you open it.

Hope this helps.

Darren-224298 23:01 03 Sep 03

Powerless....good comment. Never realised compressing files was an option on the right click menu!! Despite how many times I have used the menu. Doh!

splinternet 23:09 03 Sep 03

Thanks. Have downloaded eval copy.

Jester2K II 23:14 03 Sep 03

You might want tot disable XP own Zip Facility before installing WinZip. click here Windows XP Built In ZIP Support Control - free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…