Winzip on the sendto menu

tmac 12:46 22 Jan 05

when I right click a file I used to get one of the messages saying "send to recently used zip file" etc. I now have win XP home and this is no longer an option

bremner 12:58 22 Jan 05

You should have 'Add to zip' on the right click list along with options to add to recently used zips.

ACOLYTE 13:02 22 Jan 05

what os did you have before xp? and if you had winzip installed then you may need to reinstall it,or you could use xp built in zip app,but winzip is better in my opinion.

Eric10 13:05 22 Jan 05

On the right-click menu, under the WinZip entry you should find a "Configure" option which opens a dialogue box where you can tick boxes for what appears on the context menu.

bremner 16:15 22 Jan 05

"I was looking for the add to zip option but it is not there. Winzip is on my PC but doesn't appear on the right click option"

Follow Eric10's advice re configuring Winzip

Eric10 22:55 22 Jan 05

By email from tmac:

- there is no winzip entry!!!!!! -

If there is no WinZip on the right-click menu then I would say that you don't have WinZip installed. Are you perhaps getting confused with Windows XP's own built in compression ability? If WinZip is installed then it will also appear on the Start Menu.

You can download WinZip 9 evaluation from click here

tmac 14:16 24 Jan 05

Downloaded and installed winzip sr1 and problem solved - thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…