Is WinZip operating anymore

golfpro 14:41 05 Jun 08

Or more importantly is the winzip support out of business.
I have had winzip on my main computer now for over two years, but wanted a copy of the program on my laptop which with a single user license running version 11.2 you are allowed. So I downloaded the program from the winzip web site. However when I try to insert my registration code it will not accept it. I have tried to contact winzip support three times by email via their web site, but the emails get returned unread (sender name not accepted). If anyone else has had problems with winzip support I would like to know.

johndrew 16:19 05 Jun 08

I presume you went to this page click here to contact them. Their site is 2008 registered and to my knowledge they are still in business.

Registration codes can be awkward. They generally require you to enter them as they were produced, so if the `Caps Lock` was on for the capitals you will need to use it rather than `Shift`. If you have a copy that was provided by them in an e-mail or whatever, it is safer (and easier) by far to copy and paste it.

sunny staines 17:53 05 Jun 08

most people use the built in functions in vista/xp to zip down or the free 7 zip program. not seen any use winzip since win 98 days.

VCR97 19:22 05 Jun 08

They are still in business - they sent me a marketing e-mail yesterday.

golfpro 07:08 06 Jun 08

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was out all day yesterday.
Yes that was the page I used (help+winzip.com).
By the way what is the difference between using the caps lock and not the shift key when writing these codes.

golfpro 07:47 06 Jun 08

I'd like to copy and paste it, however the problem is the reg No. is on my PC (XP) and I want paste the number into my laptop (Vista). Any ideas how I can do this.

golfpro 08:38 06 Jun 08

Success I tried writing the Reg No. with the caps lock on and not using the shift key, it accepted it.
Although I still don't know why this happens.

johndrew 10:21 06 Jun 08

`.. difference between using the caps lock and not the shift key ..`

I`m not sure but do know - as you have also proved - it can make a difference. Possibly something to do with the electronic footprint of the keys - bit like a keylogger(?).

bretsky 22:58 06 Jun 08

Hi, I hope you don't' mind but I took the liberty of emailing support yesterday 05/06/08 with your problem and I can see that you have solved it, but this is just to let you know that support is still with us.

This is on behalf from a forum member at click here as he is having trouble contacting you via email. Here is his question:

"Or more importantly is the winzip support out of business. I have had winzip etc etc (shortened for this thread reply)

The above is taken from click here
Let me know so I can tell him your support is still operating.
Kind Regards

And their email reply tonight:

We are indeed still in business, technical questions can be mailed to '[email protected]'

We try to provide support by e-mail as much as possible. We find that this is usually the method most convenient for our users, and most
efficient for us. We normally respond to all email inquiries within one business day.

The user in question likely has one of two problems. Either he's using the activation code on the 2nd machine (activation is a one-time
process) or he's attempting to use a code from a different version than what's currently installed. In either case, an e-mail to '[email protected]' would resolve the issue in short order.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Chuck Campbell, WinZip Technical Support

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…