winzip frustrating me

stephjh 18:04 18 Feb 04

I have downloaded a file that I am missing, MSOERES.DLL, it has gone into winzip, it is showing as unzipped, but I can't for the life of me get it to open, any ideas please?

anon1 18:12 18 Feb 04

Just exactly what is it you are trying to do. If you look at your post objectively you will see that it is quite meaningless to anyone but yourself. Where is the "file" missing from? Just what do you expect a dll to do? Dll ( dynamic link library) does not "*open*" you really need to give us a clue what you are asking help to do.

Pesala 18:26 18 Feb 04

Select the file in Winzip and extract it to the directory from where it is missing.

hugh-265156 18:31 18 Feb 04

once unzipped just place it in the correct directory.usually program files/outlook express

you cannot "open" a dll by clicking on it.

stephjh 19:52 18 Feb 04

I think you understood what I was getting at, do I find it in files/folder first or or somewhere else, cos that is what I was trying to do, find it then open it, please could you give me an idiots guide?

Terry Brown 20:03 18 Feb 04

Have you tried a search activating the hidden and system files section to find your file?.

stephjh 20:06 18 Feb 04

no, how do I do that please? I have win98se (if it makes any difference)

romanab 20:20 18 Feb 04

I have xp so I don't know if it is the same but here goes anyway.start>search>all files and folders>more advanced options>tick search hidden files and folders

stephjh 20:30 18 Feb 04

thanks, but it looks like xp is different, have no "hidden files" as an option in the advanced section.

R4 20:33 18 Feb 04

To make your hidden/system files visable go to folder options:--

select view . . . Uncheck 'do not show hidden files' & 'do not show hidden or system files'

chech 'Show all files'

Open winzip and unzip the file:

select MSOERES.DLL and select the Extract icon.

This will give you a directory tree to select the directory were you want the file and click extract.

This will put the file in the dirctory you selected

stephjh 20:59 18 Feb 04

I can't seem to do it, it just will not run. outlook express wont start without it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…