WinXP3 Auto Update changes

Kalb 14:32 31 Aug 08

I cheerfully allowed the auto SP3 update to go ahead although it did take quite a long time.
Everything appeared as normal following the restart & all restore points are still intact, unlike some have reported
BUT missing from the Taskbar was the Address Toolbar which seems to have gone walkabout...anyone know how to restore an Address toolbar to the taskbar ?

birdface 15:15 31 Aug 08

Not on mine either.Must be an SP3 thing.

PO79 15:24 31 Aug 08

Right click the toolbar select "toolbars" place a check next to "Windows Search Deskbar" you can type a web address into here and it will go there.

Kalb 16:14 31 Aug 08

PO79.........toolbars shown are Windows Media Player, Links, Language Bar, Desktop, Quick Launch & New Toolbar
No Windows Search Deskbar....where does that come from ??
The Address toolbar is available on my laptop running Vista.....but no Windows Search Deskbar.
What OS are you running ?....if XP have you installed SP3 ?
Sorry for all the questions but would like to get the Address bar back...its quick & convenient

Eric10 16:22 31 Aug 08

See this previous resolved thread about this click here

Kalb 16:45 31 Aug 08

Eric10.....many thanks for the reference
I had scanned previous threads for SP3 problems but had not specified 'Address toolbar'.
PO79... would still like to know how to activate Windows Deskbar Search .......using Windows Search for WDS comes up with with ' WDS vers 2.6 is enabled for this enterprise '
OK but where is it ?

Kalb 17:25 31 Aug 08

Eric10's reference has a link to a M/S forum with upteen pages of interesting comment & suggestions enough to feel that there is now enough information on this topic to consider it resolved
Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…