winxp startup strange message

gilla 10:34 24 Jan 03
  gilla 10:34 24 Jan 03

When I boot up my pc I get a message asking me to choose which operating system. The message only lasts for 1 or 2 seconds and I have been unable to read it all. The pc then goes on to load normally
My pc was purchased with xp installed and I have never had any other o/system installed

Djohn 11:37 24 Jan 03

If you use the pause key on you keyboard as your PC boots up you will be able to read each screen, and tell us the exact message you are seeing. J.

gilla 12:07 24 Jan 03

Thanks djohn
the message gives two options
winxp
xp recovery
it says that if after two seconds the highlighted system will load.
I have had the pc since april and it is only over the last two days that i have noticed the message.

Djohn 12:16 24 Jan 03

gilla, not too sure with xp, but there are a few people on here at the moment that will be able to help, Regards, J.

bvw in bristol 14:47 24 Jan 03

The Recovery Console is a command line (similar to DOS) that provides a long list of commands that you can use to troubleshoot/fix your computer when your computer does not start properly or does not start at all. If you can't get into safe mode, you should consider using the Recovery Console.

In the Windows Recovery Console, you can:

Use, copy, rename, or replace operating system files and folders
Repair the file system boot sector or the Master Boot Record (MBR)
Enable or disable service or device startup when you next start your computer
Create and format partitions on drives

Pasted from:click here

Right click My Computer, right click properties, go to Advanced where you will see Startup and Recovery, left click settings and you will see System Startup and you can change the settings if you wish, although there's no real need to change them. No point tinkering if all's well :o)

gilla 18:35 24 Jan 03

Djohn, bvw in Bristol,

Thank you very much for you help and comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…