winxp sp2 and msgr.chm

imojo 12:51 02 Oct 04

Posted this on sp2 forum, no reply. Anyone here have any ideas/suggestions please! Am I going to have do fresh install of win xp?

during sp2 installation get message "an error occured while copying file xpmsgr.chm, cannot copy file to destination directory". Asks for retry or cancel, retry = same message, so cancel and continue setup without copying this file.
Gets to "setup cannot copy the file xpmsgr.chm, ensure that the location below is correct or change it and insert 'Windows xp sp2 source files' in the drive you specify'." Below this have several choices to copy files from (e.g. C:\d325etcetc). No response from any of them.

Any ideas/solutions please? have repeatedly gone through above process. not an expert on any of this and driving me round bend. running xp pro. thanks.

VoG II 13:00 02 Oct 04

Similar problem fixed click here

imojo 13:04 02 Oct 04

Tried it twice, no joy!

imojo 00:29 06 Oct 04

problem solved (i think). deleted/uninstalled messenger and msn messenger, sp2 installed ok, if anyone else comes across same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…