WinXP SP2

Gary 11:06 06 Sep 04

I've installed SP2 on my WinXP Pro systems and now have 2 questions.

1) How can I turn off the annoying purposeless info bar in Internet Explorer?! Help says I have to do it for each "incident" -- has anyone made a tool to kill it in one step yet?

2) I run Norton Personal Firewall 2003. The security centre pops up when I start my computer to say my firewall status is unknown. However many times I tick the box that says "I have a firewall I'll monitor myself", the balloon telling me I might not be protected reappears after I've rebooted. Is this a bug? How can I get around it?

Thanks

Gary

ventanas 11:14 06 Sep 04

For Norton click here

For IE, afraid I don't know because I use Firefox.

ventanas 11:20 06 Sep 04

To follow up, as far as I am aware Norton have so far only released the update for the Security Centre (WMI) for the 2004 versions. I'm not sure if they plan anything for previous versions.

Baslla321 11:33 06 Sep 04

maybe you should post this in the new Windows XP SP2 forum.

Gary 12:37 06 Sep 04

I've copied this post in to the new forum as well. Apologies for the duplication - didn't realise the new forum existed!

I've copied this post in to the new forum as well. Apologies for the duplication - didn't realise the new forum existed!

Gary 09:03 08 Sep 04

The page didn't seem to be working when I posted it and came up with an error message so I had to go back and click Post again - which resulted in the above!

As I say in the post above, I've now started a thread on this topic in the SP2 forum (click here) so please post any further responses there.

Thanks

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…