WinXP SP1 Install Problems

MikeLonghurst 10:05 24 Feb 03

I am using an official (and registered) version of XP Pro. I recently unsucessfully tried to install XP SP1. I get the error message "Could not verify the integrity of the file Update.Inf make sure Cryptographic service is running on this computer". I have checked and this service is running. How can I resolve this problem as I need Sp1 to run USB2 on this system.

temp003 10:11 24 Feb 03

click here See if it helps, especially the 2nd solution.

MikeLonghurst 10:47 24 Feb 03

Thanks for the advice. I Tried the actions, however, I can stop the cryptsvc but when I attempt the ren %systems root%.....action I get the response message "access is denied".

Any other suggestions..I am getting pretty desperate now... have been trying to do this for 5 days!!!!

Regards,, ML

JoeC 11:01 24 Feb 03

SFC ? If not, put your XP CD in the tray and go Start > Run and type in ( or copy and paste this ) sfc /scannow

This will fix any corrupt or damaged system files. Failing that, you could try a repair of your operating system.

AndySD 11:11 24 Feb 03

Try going to Admin Tools ... Services and Set Cryptographic Services to Disabled. Reboot into Safe Mode and using Windows Explorer navigate to c:\Windows\system32\catroot2 and rename it oldcatroot2. Reboot to Windows and Enable Cryptographic Services. At the command prompt, type the following command

net start cryptsvc

Hit Enter

Try SP1 again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…