WinXP Safe Boot Errors

cornwall 22:37 01 Sep 05

Hi

I am assisting a friend with trying to fix her Dell Latitude Laptop which when starting in Safe Mode displays the following messages - amongst others:-
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\driversfollowed by filenames ending in .sys

Additionally, when I can get the PC to start normally, it often freezes

Any assistance would be appreciated to solve this problem

VoG II 22:41 01 Sep 05

Try sfc /scannow - read click here

Magic Hobo 22:42 01 Sep 05

that in safe mode that's is what is supposed to happen. It's just showing what drivers are loading and sometimes you have to wait for quite awhile before it finishes.Sometimes when i start in safe mode i takes me 5 minutes for them to load. Don't worry if it takes a bit just wait.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:52 01 Sep 05

If booting in safe mode there will be a black screen with all these files listed. This is quite normal!

Freeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment.

& corrupt windows files which will be cured by sfc /scannow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…