WinXP reg details to change

chalkie 20:27 07 Aug 03

Help wanted please. I have been given a computer by a friend (purchased)which has Win XP preloaded and I would like to remove the various 'Log On' users as well as change myself to the new owner. The computer came new with XP loaded and only a recovery disk. Can you assist me with changing these details. Also: my friend left AOL on the machine which I do not use. How is this removed to enable me to set up a new account with another provider. Can I add that this is a fully 'Legal' transfer and not a copy or anything like that.
Thanks, Chalkie

Djohn 20:33 07 Aug 03

To remove AOL go to control panel, add/remove programs, highlight AOL and click on remove. j.

jazzypop 22:09 07 Aug 03

click here or click here to change the 'registered owner' information - either option will work.

Q-Bie 22:21 07 Aug 03

To be honest, if he owned the PC before you, you would be better off running the recovery disc and wiping it all clean. That way the PC would be setup as it was when it was first purchased and your life would be a lot easier!

chalkie 00:04 11 Aug 03

To Q-Bie,jazzypop and Djohn thanks for all the info. It appears so simple now I know the answers and as I want to try and save some of the programmes left I will try jazzypop's info first.
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
Chalkie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…