WinXP Pro sound card problem

Spanish Johnny 15:15 24 Feb 03

Somebody help me please, I've recently installed WinXP pro, I installed the sound card and it worked fine, until I re-booted, in Device Manager it reported that Windows could not load the device driver, it may be corrupted or missing! I've obtained the up to date driver from the manufacturers web-site, but still get the same result. Could the problem be the Mother Board? it is a Via Apollo KT266 and I've been reading on the net that the Via chip causes lots of problems. The sound card is a CMI8738/C3DX (PCI)

« Ravin » 15:17 24 Feb 03

try right clicking the sound card in device manager and choose uninstall and reboot. maybe when it gets detected this time the drivers will install properly.

Spanish Johnny 15:26 24 Feb 03

Tried that, still get the same problem on re-boot

powerless 15:49 24 Feb 03

In the control panel click "Add Hardware" and follow the instructions.

Spanish Johnny 16:15 24 Feb 03

To Powerless; did that, works fine until I have to reboot the Pc, then same message appears

misery 19:17 24 Feb 03

made contact with VIA website and downloaded the latest drivers for your mobo? This will normally clear the prob.

Spanish Johnny 19:50 24 Feb 03

To Misery, just downloaded the latest drivers for the mobo but it hasn't solved the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…