WinXP Pro keeps rebooting pc

Giggle n' Bits 01:25 03 Dec 04

this is a dated IBM personal computer 300GL which originally had Win98SE and now has XP Pro on after 10 months of being fine.

It will start up and get to the XP splash screen then very quickly show a Blue screen error and picking words out Registry, Memory then it will restart and go round in circles total by itself.

I have removed Modem, Network Card, it runs a AGP card, 10GB HDD, 128MB PC133 SDRAM

Tried to boot with the CD but only FDD works on boot, the CD Drive is fine as I tried another I tried removing the FDD but no change now its put back.

Anyone seen this strange behaviour before.

ICF 07:06 03 Dec 04

Do you have a firewall installed?
Do you have Anti Virus software installed?

Have you been online without any of the above software installed?

There are some virus that make your coumputer reboot.

BBez 07:52 03 Dec 04

pres F8 when booting and select either "last know good..." or try to see if it will boot into safe mode...

possibly corrupt boot files or drivers may be causing this also... have you added any software recently...

if you get into safe mode, you can use system restore to rollback the system...

Giggle n' Bits 10:46 03 Dec 04

It was a memory dimm seemed to have popped out a touch, clamp on DIMM was loose.

thing is how it got loose, we will never know unless it was done when the pc was moved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…