winxp pro crashed

bratoo 10:05 01 Oct 03

Alright all.
Midway through trying to download something pc crashed, i'd lost norton firewall and virus protection, panicked, couldn't ctrl, alt,delete, it kept coming back to error, an wouldn't end now. So i reset, but here's the problem, it won't boot in any mode (this includes all 5 of the options ), that i've tried. if i boot windows normally when it ask's me, it gets so far through the start up (winxp) i get a flash of the ominous blue screen, an then it re-boots, an thus the cycle starts again. Can anyone help?

spikeychris 11:55 01 Oct 03

Do you have a reload disk or an instalation disk?click here

bratoo 12:06 01 Oct 03

installation disk

spikeychris 12:18 01 Oct 03

Follow the last few posts from the above link. IE: insert the disk and go through the instalation process. DO NOT USE THE "R" OPTION TO REPAIR. Select the install windows XP option (don't worry it will not install at this stage) select the "R" option latter when it is offered.

Chris

bratoo 12:28 01 Oct 03

R not offered!

mancladgaz 12:37 01 Oct 03

what motherboard do you have???

bratoo 12:39 01 Oct 03

gigabyte

bratoo 12:52 01 Oct 03

hi, have tried 1st post on other thread, it says there are 1 or more unrecoverable problems?

spikeychris 12:53 01 Oct 03

Don't know what you mean by R not offered but..Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive ie: go to the BIOS and select CD as the first boot option.

Insert your Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM drive and then restart your computer.

(You can also boot with a Windows 98/Me Startup disk with CD support and run WINNT.EXE in the I386 folder on the CD)

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. "Do not select this option."

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

The down side to a repair is you will have to reapply all updates and hot fixes.

Chris

bratoo 13:03 01 Oct 03

please bear with me chris as i'm doing this via phone!

bratoo 13:26 01 Oct 03

Hi Chris! The second in command has tried to install xp in a separate folder (which has been succesfull) but now, it's not sure which one to repair. So the saga continues

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009