winxp missing tooltips for title bar buttons

terryf 14:44 14 May 06

I have noticed that the floating tool tip describing the three buttons at the right hand side of any title bar does not appear, any suggestions please, winxp pro sp2. I know that they should appear, having seen them on other pcs

terryf 14:56 14 May 06

Ps I have been to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
and checked that ShowInfoTip has a value of 1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:43 14 May 06

some interesting reading on the problem at click here

skidzy 17:45 14 May 06

Hi Terry F

Maybe trying this will help click here you will need the registry optimiser version (trial)
Its the trial version and will only correct 10 errors at any one time,but you can rescan and repair unlimited times.

Even if this does not correct your problem,its very handy for a system clean up,and repairs etc...

Good luck

terryf 23:14 14 May 06

Fruit Bat
I tried the reg edit in the thread you suggested but it didn't fixit.
Skidsy,
thanks for the suggestion I have the full version but I don't like reg optimisers, I tried one a while ago and it made a right mess of my registry, I think that although I could run it, I wouldn't be sure that I had picked the right correction suggested and as I said, the last time was a disaster. It may work for others but not for me.

skidzy 23:23 14 May 06

Sorry to hear that Terry,ive used it for 2 years now with no problems.never mind worth a try though.

terryf 00:30 15 May 06

skidzy
After setting restore point, I tried winaso but it didn't fixit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…