WinXP messenger allerts pop ups when on internet

Giggle n' Bits 00:50 10 Jul 03

When using Microsoft Ie6 online these anoying pop ups relating to Messenger keep comming up.

I have in the past been into the preferernces/settings for MS Messenger in WinXP Home but they still pop-up. So anoying.

I don't use Messenger, is there anyway to shut off these Messenger pop up screens alert things.

Preferably by not using a third party software.

AndySD 00:53 10 Jul 03
  powerless 00:54 10 Jul 03
  Giggle n' Bits 00:57 10 Jul 03

So just read that and am I right in thinking if I Enable the Firewall Protection in WinXP for my ISP dial up account it will stop it !. Please, just to confirm I have understood it right.

Thanks for ther call !.

Giggle n' Bits 01:00 10 Jul 03

So there is more than one way to skin a cat. Do all these actually work ?. Will try Andy's first and also Thanks M8 Powerless, not heard or seen you around for a few days.

AndySD 01:04 10 Jul 03

Yes

But I would advise you to download and use a proper firewall whilst on the internet. Two of the free ones are ZoneAlarm click here and Sygate click here

powerless 01:21 10 Jul 03

Me?

Oh i've been aroud just not posting as much.

Giggle n' Bits 09:20 10 Jul 03

Yes Powerless, you have in the past helped me out when I was using different username and always been spot on. Mainly with registry cure's.

Thanks all. !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…