WinXP Home SP3 unable to connect to BBand via Lan Cable

Audio~~Chip 13:36 08 Sep 13
Answered

Hello After having my PSU Replaced due to Failure I am unable to get back online using my Lan Cable connected. I have Norton Internet security which has a Red cross on it in the System tray which I think its because it is unable to run the Live update. I have ran WinSok tool but still unable to connect.

Help please

lotvic 14:20 08 Sep 13

Is pc able to see the Router's home page? or is that the problem - that the pc doesn't connect with the router?

Audio~~Chip 15:31 08 Sep 13

Hello Lotvic

The Desktop reports the Lan Cable to be connected and the signal is there but the Recieved activity in the Lan connection status window is 0 where there are pleanty of Packets sent.

I think the router is seen

lotvic 16:45 08 Sep 13
Answer

What does it say under the 'Support' tab?

mine tells me: Assigned by DHCP, IP Address 192.168.1.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

(if I put 192.168.1.1 in my browsers address bar I go to my Routers Home Page)

Audio~~Chip 17:14 08 Sep 13

Hello Lotvic

Just going to try logging into my router from the XP Machine. This machine connects fine to my router via Lan Cable.

Support States:- Assigned by DHCP I have a IP Address Subnet Mask Ok Default Gateway ok

Audio~~Chip 00:31 12 Sep 13

For some odd reason I wasn't getting emails to say I had replies and just remembered I had this post.

I fixed the problem by the following:

Start - Run and type the following :- cmd.exe select ok type ipconfig /release then press enter ipconfig /renew Enter netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt Enter Exit

This seemed to clear the problem and now working on my XP machine

Thanks all for the pointers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…