WinXP Home with a Slow boot & shut down.

Giggle n' Bits 22:52 29 Jun 03

Still trying to sort this out, this PC has a P4 CPU 1.7GHz (400MHzFSB) the boot up into desktop and shut down is terribly slow (put the kettle on).

Only thing I can see but do not know if it would be the cause are as follows, can someone please advise if myu finding are anything that need to be of concern.:-

only 1 com port showing in Harware list for Ports and DVD Drive & the seperate CD Wrtr Drive are both set to CSL on the jumpers.

Would the above cause my problem ?.

OneSirKnight 22:54 29 Jun 03

Do you have "bootvis" installed?

Giggle n' Bits 23:15 29 Jun 03

Never heared of Bootvis, sounds like mancunian comic publication "VIZ".

What does bootvis do or how can I check to see if it around please. Is it a utility thing that hides in the background but like Second Chance software or a hidden partition ?.

OneSirKnight 23:22 29 Jun 03
  OneSirKnight 23:24 29 Jun 03

This will explain bootvis.....click here

Giggle n' Bits 00:08 30 Jun 03

computer. XP Home gets to Saving settings, shutting down then takes nearly 1.5 mins to actually shut down. Surley this is harware or software problem not the case of tweaking software.

1.7GHz Penium 4 CPU should fly ?.

Tried intel accelaration software for the chipset with not much/hardly any improvbement noticeable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…