WinXP Home & My Pictures Folder

Giggle n' Bits 15:56 18 Sep 08

Hiya,

just gone to My Pics folder in My Docs and also tried to access my pics from the Start Menu they will not open, if they do it takes a few minutes. I have virus scanned and nothing come up. Is their a way to repair if it is damaged the My Pictures folder to gain access normally to My Pictures folder. Roughly their a 8.5GB of family pics (luckily their backed up)

also tried ccleaner just incase theirs some junk temp or cache files hanging arround.

Appreciate any help offered.

rawprawn 16:15 18 Sep 08

System Restore? if this is a recent problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:26 18 Sep 08

1 dodgy file will do it.

finding which one is the hard bit.

Try moving 10 at a time to a new folder and see when it opens ok

Giggle n' Bits 00:01 19 Sep 08

I found what the problem was. The Pics I had just transfered from my Ext HDD after using a data recovery tool from a older HDD.

What the problem was but I don't understand fully what it means. I right clicked on the My Pics folder and selected Properties then Advanced.

Then I noticed 2 ticks in boxes, the top box was also ticked called "Folder is ready for Archiving" so I looked and confirmed on my other XP desktop and it was not ticked, so I unticked and saved the change then rebooted and WALLA ! sorted. So don't know if its the process of the earlier picture recovery or by copying the pics from a Ext HDD to my pics folder.

Was fairly worried as it was responding like a failing HDD slow stall sluggin.

Thank u to you both for the help today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac