WinXP "Delete file" properties.

wotbus@ 10:18 19 Mar 04

For the last year, when I have deleted a file it has gone into my waste bin. I prefer it that way. Yesterday, for no reason at all, when I deleted a file I was treated to window along the lines of "do you really want to permanently delete this file"? As I was sure I said "YES" and sure enough-it was gone, but not into the waste bin!
Has XP decided to change something without asking me first? I prefer the first method of deleting to the bin, for safety reasons. How can I get back to this.
Thanks

©®@$? 10:35 19 Mar 04

if the file is really big it will be to large to go into the recycle bin so it gets permantly deleted

on the other hand it may be that a setting has been changed

right click the recycle bin/properties

is the box ticked next to do not move the files to the recycle bin

wotbus@ 10:45 19 Mar 04

Yery strange... Checked Bin\Properties and there was no tick in the box you mentioned! Did a test delete and the window prompt was "Do you want to send to the bin" etc, so everything is normal! The only difference betwee yesterday and today was I scheduled a "checkdisk" on startup this morning. Could this be the reason for the correction and could it get changed before. Hmmmm.
Thanks for helping.

wotbus@ 10:47 19 Mar 04

Sorry - that should read "correction and HOW could it get changed before"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…