WinXP crashes when trying to load Pinnacle PCTV

Micad 17:02 07 Mar 03

My system crashes when trying to load the Pinnacle pctv(rave) 5.10 video controller driver rob_v.sys. Pinnacle say I should have no problems.
HP say I have a conflict with my onboard video S3 Graphics ProSavage driver. They suggest disabling it but system still crashes. As when it crashes, it restarts with the TV driver disabled I can't see where the conflict is occurring.
Any help most welcome

Micad 16:43 17 Mar 03

Further to posting the question, replies from microsoft tell me I have a driver conflict(most helpful)and from hp pavillion that the conflict is with my S3 graphics ProSavage onboard video card. I have since tried installing an AGP graphics card but that also causes a crash.
Can anyone advise me of an alternative driver to s3gnbm.sys that could resolve my problem? I'm becoming desperate. Micad

Micad 11:59 15 Apr 03

After following advice from HP(Pavillion PC's) to disable the onboard video graphics, I find that I have a conflict with a "VGA SAVE" driver that has appeared from somewhere. Any thoughts will be welcome. Micad

graham 13:36 15 Apr 03

Take the pctv back and get a refund. Then buy a proper TV.

MAJ 14:04 15 Apr 03

If you want to email me, I have a driver on my webspace for the RAVE card that works well with XP PRO (at least). You can try it out if you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…