WinXP Add or Remove Programs - Alternate Software

Fastflys 17:10 23 Nov 06

I don’t find using “Add or Remove programs” in the Control panel of WinXP Home very good at deleting programes as some files are usually left behind after programme deletion.

I remember sometime ago reading in PC Advisor about better “Add/Remove” software which is available as free downloads. I think some were also included on the cover CDRom at the time.

Can anyone suggest what is the best alternative software to use and where can I find it.

Thanks

birdface 17:39 23 Nov 06

Just delete it from Add Remove, Then run C Cleaner and its gone.Did not know that you could get a new Add-Remove program,Always used the same one that was in computer when I bought it.Not knowing any better I asumed you could not change it,

SANTOS7 17:43 23 Nov 06

click here

the prog. in question under the "tools" tab has its own uninstaller which you can run from the prog..

sunny staines 17:44 23 Nov 06

I have tried a couple of programs norton cleansweep not as good as xp add/remove, and undelete which was hopeless. still with xp and use a clean up program as buteman advised.

Probabilitydrive 17:47 23 Nov 06

There are unistall programmes available click here

Microsoft has its own unistaller utility (please read instructions carefully and use at your own peril !)
click here;en-us;290301

Probabilitydrive 17:48 23 Nov 06

link reads at click here;en-us;290301

Probabilitydrive 17:49 23 Nov 06

Sorry link doesen't work. The title of the microsoft product is :"Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility"

SANTOS7 17:59 23 Nov 06

click here
have a look at the way the link is written for Kb articles to work they need to be changed slightly..

Probabilitydrive 18:14 23 Nov 06

Tha SANTOS7, will put your clarification to good use.

Fastflys 22:15 23 Nov 06

I have been using C Cleaner for some time now and find it very good and safe but I have never used it’s uninstaller programme [worried in case using it might conflict with XP’s own Add/Remove programme and Bal*s things up].

Would somebody kindly explain to me at what point I would use C Cleaner’s uninstaller programme. Is it after I have first tried removing the unwanted programme using XP’s Add/Remove programme or instead of using XP’s Add/Remove programme?

If I were to use C Cleaner’s uninstaller programme the function/button I would choose would be the “Run Uninstaller” button. Would someone let me know when and why I would use the following function/buttons:
A: “Rename Entry”
B: “Delete Entry”
C: “Save To Text File”

If the answers to the above are obvious then I apologise in advance but they’re not obvious to me.

Regards
FF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced