WinXP Activation - When Does It Make The H/W Hash?

Jester2K 11:16 05 Jan 04

Asking for a future build.

The PC will consist of new hardware and an OEM copy of Windows XP. Due to the fact i have a few bits of hardware and like to mess with the configuration of the PC, its not going to be rushed in a day but will probably be done over 3 days.

If i put the basics together- 1 x DVD-ROM, 1 x HDD, Graphics card and install XP will any further changes i make (Second hard drive, network card, sound card, USB card, CDRW, USB Modem etc etc) stop the un-activated copy of XP from working as the configuration has changed or is the "hash" only made once you actually say "I want to Activate XP now"? In which case you can make as many changes as you wish before the 30 days is up and you activate it??

Or will i have to slap everything together, install XP and hope it all works OK???

leo49 11:24 05 Jan 04

click here

When you actually activate[see above]

DieSse 11:26 05 Jan 04

My experience is, you can make changes as you wish within the 30 days - then activate it.

Jester2K 11:35 05 Jan 04

leo49 & DieSse - thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…