winword.exe using memory

Hi all. My computer has started to run really slow recently which i have pinned down to winword.exe,how do i stop it using all of my RAM.Is it a virus,spyware,adware?I've ran spybot,SAS and AVG but they have found nothing.Thank you in advance for any help offered.

crosstrainer 11:45 23 Feb 08

winword.exe is the programme exectuble file for Microsoft Word. It's not a virus.

That's ok then,how do i stop it using up all of my memory though?I have pc wizard installed and it says 'cpu load' is 100%,even though all i have running is this webpage.

crosstrainer 13:29 23 Feb 08

Not be loading at startup, try downloading, updating and installing:

click here

If that reveals nothing, then you may have to go into msconfig and check to see what is ruuning on startup. To do this, click start, type run (a dialog box will open) type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) then click the startup tab and post back before you make changes.

mfletch 13:42 23 Feb 08

Also run Superantispyware in safe mode this way winword.exe wil not be running

mfletch

Ok i have the startup box in front of me,what am i looking for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…