Winword.exe

Kingfisher 20:49 06 Nov 06

Have noticed that under processes in Task manager I am seeing winword.exe, even though I do not have office or word in my start up folder.But I do have word set as my email editor in outlook 2003, doing a google search I find that I can disable word and google searches suggest that I do not send emails via html, should be plain text, can anyone advise me about using word as my email editor and what is wrong with sending email in html, thanks in advance

interzone55 20:59 06 Nov 06

HTML emails are bad for a few reasons.
Firstly they are heavily bloated. Why include a few kb of code to say hi when you can do it in a couple of bytes.
Secondly, HTML can be used to call code from an external source, for example an image held on a server. This can be used to verify if an email has been read, and exactly which IP address it was sent to, a significant security risk, and the reason why many people have their email clients set to read in plain text only, so the external code is not read.
Thirdly, Word is a seriously bad HTML editor, so bloats the emails even more.
And lastly, some email clients cannot read HTML emails at all, so your missive will not be read.

Turn off Word as your email editor, it will save memory and CPU cycles on your machine, and reduce the size of any emails you send. If you still want to use alternative fonts in emails set Outlook to send emails in rtf format.

Kingfisher 21:01 06 Nov 06

Thanks alan14 will do as suggested

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5