Winword 97 & VBA332.DLL

whitelighter 08:41 23 Apr 03

Hi,

My wife installed a piece of software called unviversal translator millenium edition on to the pc. Although it should work with winword 97 it does not as it just locks winword 97 and kicks you out. I have uninstalled this software and now I keep getting the message illegal error : invalid page fault in vba332.dll everytime i run winword 97.

I have unstalled office 95 and upgrades for office 97 and reinstalled windows 98. But no change to problem. I have worked out that office winword 95 works no problem but once installed winword 97 the vba problem is back. I have found the vba332.dll file and renamed it to allow access to word 97. I have also copied a new version of the file from the office cd but no change to problem. I have also noticed that this uninstalled software has still left its imprint on word 97 within the macros section which I think is the cause of the problem.

My question is how to make vba332.dll work again and how to remove the macros that are attached within word.

Hopefully you guys will have a solution to help me.

VoG™ 22:36 23 Apr 03

Try going to Tools/Templates and Add-ins (that's for Word 2002, may be slightly different for 97) and untick vba332 if listed.

whitelighter 08:20 25 Apr 03

thanks VoG™,

I had a look here, although there was no addin for vba332 there was an addin for the translatore that was causing a lock up . Deleted this and all is now working.

Thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…