She 20:56 04 Jan 05

Having had problems installing my new WinTV-PVR USB2 I sent a request for assistance direct to Hauppage support. The support answer was very helpful and I managed to install the equipment. However I cannot get any sound or pictures. When I click on the Green TV button on the screen nothing happens, when I click on pause or record the drop down buttons show Delay 00:00:00 and then I get the following message:-
StreamDShow Error.
Create Filters CLSID_intervideodecoder class not registered (Ox804040154).

My system consists of a Dell 8250 with 512mb ram 2.53mhz and I am using one of 2 USB 2 ports in the front of the machine. We do not have Cable so am using Antenna and according to Suite Manager, have picked up 9 channels between 21 and 64. I can't give them a name as I have no picture. The radio tuner shows RF with a long green line which I imagine is good reception, but no sound again. I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card on which none of the settings have been muted.

As our television had broken down we thought we would put the money towards TV on the computer so that we could watch over Christmas. I mean 2004 not 2005 !!

I would be pleased if any of you Guru's out there could throw some light on my problem.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…