WinTV Nova virus?

Hazzar 18:04 02 Nov 07

Can anyone help with the following? I installed a WinTV NOVA-T-500 t.v. card on my new Aspire desktop. My o.s. is Vista so rather than loading the drivers in the box I let the computer search for up to date drivers on Microsofts website.These were found and installed automaticaly.So far so good. I was informed by a popup that the drivers were loaded and working o.k. I then used Vista media centre to search for channels etc.This it did o.k. I tried a couple of channels which worked fine,but then I realised the hard drive was still working away as though it was loading a programme. At this point for some reason I checked the internet packets sent and received details and noted the amount sent was equal to the amount received which I believe is not correct. I then checked to see if Norton 360 was downloading updates and at this point became very concerned. Norton was not showing as running in the toolbar and in fact it was not there
I restarted the computer and Norton was now in the tool bar and sent and received was back to normal.
I have run a virus scan and also ran a programme that finds keyloggers etc.Nothing came up but I am now worried my computer is infected unknowing to me.
This is a worry because I use this computer for my business.
Thanks for any help,
Tony.

citadel 21:01 02 Nov 07

the hard drive activity was probably vista indexing files as this causes a lot of acivity. Some people turn this off in the options to improve speed. If there was nothing found after scans you are probably ok.

100andthirty 07:03 03 Nov 07

you also might find that Windows Media Center was getting updates for the Electronic Programme Guide

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…