WinTV install problems

Wizzy 18:43 26 Dec 03

Yesterday I got WinTV USB for my computer. When I plug in the USB cable the Add New Hardware wizard displays. I tell it the drivers are on my WinTV CD and it then copys the files to my Hard Disk. At the end of installation I get an error saying it could not start the device and I am unable to use WinTV. I downloaded a copy of the drivers from Hauppauge's website, ran the setup, restarted my PC and got the Add New Hardware wizard. I uses the files put on the computer by the driver setup but as it gets to the end of the driver installation my computer freezes and restarts. How can I get WinTV to work. My computer is Windows XP Home with Service Pack 1.
WinTV works fine on my Windows 2000 Professional Laptop.

woodchip 18:50 26 Dec 03

You should have loaded the Drivers and software before connecting the USB. Have a look in device manager and remove the usbTV then try the above. The drivers should be loaded before the software if you can in Explorer have a look for the driver folder on the CD and run the setup file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…