WinTV image problem

Flea2RHCP 11:42 14 Jan 03
  Flea2RHCP 11:42 14 Jan 03

Just wondering if anybody could help me out with my TV card problems.

The card itself is a Hauppauge WinTV FM PCI card. It's about two years old, and I've never had any previous problems with it. The chipset is Brooktree 878 (to the best of my knowledge).

My other relevant hardware specifications are graphics card (MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200) motherboard (MSI 845E Max) sound card (Creative SB Live 5.1), and that's just about all that I think could possibly be affecting the TV card. The thing is, TV cards run pretty much independant of everything else, so I don't think it will be anything but the TV card itself. However, I have just noticed that my graphics card drivers aren't digitally signed (even though they were downloaded from the MSI site).

The problem I am having has only started in the past couple of weeks. About three months ago I upgraded my system to the above spec, and installed Windows XP to stabilise all the new hardware (it was a nightmare - I had to turn to you guys to try to sort it out!). My TV card worked just fine for well over 2 months, then all of a sudden the picture kept locking up. Not a system crash, just a frozen image in the TV window. I could close the program and restart it, but the same problem happens almost immediately. The audio carried on fine, and the radio application is still working. I have tried updating the drivers for my graphics card, as well as every different Hauppage driver I can find (both WDM and VFW). I have tried removing the card, uninstalling all drivers and apps, then reinstalling in a different PCI slot, but that didn't work either. Does anybody think it might be a hardware failure within the card itself?

It's really bugging me! Please help!

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…