wintri 32.exe encouterd a problem

ozzy 123 16:19 07 Apr 04

Hi thank you for reading this
My wifes friend has a pc running xp home.
when she turns on the pc or does a reboot a warning message appears saying wintri32.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close. since this warning message started apearing internet explorer stops searching and wont load any web pages.
just before this happened she ran spy bot and Kazaabegone because her system was full of junk with the kids downloads etc..
can anything be done to resolve this problem .
many thanks for all your help.
ozzy

Old Shep 16:34 07 Apr 04

Are you sure it does not say win32.exe If so look here click here yours sounds a bit suspicious.

ozzy 123 17:58 07 Apr 04

thanks mate you were right ive left her doing a virus scan but all shes got on is pc cillin i dont think shes kept up with her definition downloads so i dont hold much hope of it finding any thing. she now gets a message when she trys to connect saying assisted dialler
please pick up the hand set ask the operator to dial could this be down to the virus and can assisted dialer be turned off.
thanks ozzy

Old Shep 13:19 08 Apr 04

She MUST keep her virus definitions up these days.There are so many viruses doing the rounds. If she has a virus she has got to get rid of it especially a dialler like she has. If not she will finish up with a ginourmous phone bill. You could try this it is free and very good click here but still needs the latest anti virus to keep it clean.

Old Shep 13:24 08 Apr 04

Forgot to say lookin RIGHT CLICK INTERNET EXPLORER and select PROPERTIES. CLICK ON THE connections TAB and see what that shows (in my case freeserve anytime)click on SETTINGS then PROPERTIES where it will show you the dial out number she uses. click on ALTERNATIVES and see if there any there that you do not recognise if so delete them.

Old Shep 13:32 08 Apr 04

Thanks to a fellow PC Advisor member ( A NICKNAME) I found this 30 day trial trojan remover which may help.click here

ozzy 123 15:26 08 Apr 04

cheerz shep
i will be seeing her on friday im sure your help will work.
many thanks
best wishes ozzy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…