winspycontrol

Hangus 20:26 17 Oct 07

my daughters laptop seems to have been taken over by something called winspycontrol. i dont know how it got there, it appears to be a virus and it is killing the computer. anyone any ideas how to get rid of this? i have tried the usual spydoctor etc but with no success. norton internet security 2007 is running but cannot clean it. it detects it and says it has cleaned it but next time the computer is started, it is there again. the OS is XP and ie6.

VoG II 20:32 17 Oct 07

Suggest that you run HJT click here and post your log on this forum click here

Then be patient and wait for an expert to provide removal instructions.

csqwared 20:44 17 Oct 07

You could also have a look at this winspycontrol-removal.com.removal-instructions.com/removeWinSpyControl.html with caution.

cc

csqwared 20:46 17 Oct 07

or try click here

bernhei 11:05 31 Oct 07

winspycontrol is usually defined as a scareware. Somw information about this malware can be found here: click here

mfletch 13:20 31 Oct 07

Hi, Try using Vundofix,

click here

The Vundo family of Trojans is one of the most common infections we find on user’s PC’s. The infection can cause popups which usually advertise rogue antispyware programs. Some common rogue antispyware programs that are advertised are WinFixer, SysProtect and winantispyware for example

mfletch

Hangus 15:56 31 Oct 07

I have ticked as resolved. I tried vundo and spyhunter. They both detected over 100 infections. They still detected some even after I had cleaned the computer. The only way I could clean it properly was to do a full factory reset. Fortunately I have the files backed up on an external hard drive so it was fairly straight forward to reset the computer and replace the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…