Winsow live 2011

juedoc 08:36 AM 28 Jul 11

How do I change the settings so that my recieved emails come through on my laptop and pc, they seem to go to one or the other, if I open them on my laptop I dont get them on the pc. On the old windows live I had them come through on both.

mgmcc 09:00 AM 28 Jul 11

In the Account settings (of both computers), you need to tick the box to leave messages on the server. You can then retrieve them again with the other computer. Alternatively, use IMAP instead of POP3 and you can have access to both your "sent" and your "received" mail in multiple computers.

juedoc 09:07 AM 28 Jul 11

I have ticked the box to leave messages on the server but still not right. How do I change it from POP.ntlworld to IMAP?

mgmcc 11:00 AM 28 Jul 11

In the mail settings, you need to change the incoming mail server from the ISP's POP3 server to their IMAP server. Normally, this just means changing from pop.isp.com to imap.isp.com. The mail program will then retrieve the IMAP folders automatically from the server.

orsta 13:03 PM 28 Jul 11

Have you checked the imap settings on the ntlworld/virginmedia web help pages?

c

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things