Winshow Trojan

darkjedimistress 16:34 06 Jul 04

My anti-virus software AVG picked up the WINSHOW Trojan and quarantined it but I keep getting grey boxes popping up infrequently stating that the WINSHOW.AC trojan is on my computer etc etc.

It's doesn't seem to effect anything and I was wondering how to cleanse the system.

Am an advanced user but can't seem to find a way to get rid of this pest!

rawprawn 16:37 06 Jul 04

click here Shows manual removal.

darkjedimistress 16:39 06 Jul 04

I'll try that when I get home tonight and close the thread if it works. :)

rawprawn 16:39 06 Jul 04

click here and here

Bagsey 16:40 06 Jul 04

This should get rid of it for you.
click here
Download and run

keith-236785 17:11 06 Jul 04

if anyone suggests turning OFF system restore, IGNORE THE ADVICE AS YOU MAY NEED TO RESTORE TO AN EARLIER POINT TO TOTALLY GET RID OF THIS

sorry for shouting but it is important. lots of people advise turning off system restore and then back on again to clear the problems, but that in itself can cause problems as i said above.

click here, download/install and run a full scan on all hard drives/partitions.

this is a demo and as such will NOT remove anything it finds, only advise you where it is.

the removal must be done manually.

in the report from ATS, if it mentions "system restore information", look for a bit in the name which describes the restore point ie..... PR21

if it finds anything like this, report back and i will explain how to remove ONLY the infected entry from system restore.

keith-236785 17:18 06 Jul 04

the above was assuming you have windowsXP, if you have win98 or 95, ignore about system restore but still download the trojan checket (ATS)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…