WinRAR - AOL BT Voyager

ann-199314 19:36 29 Jun 04

I have WinRAR - AOL BT Voyager and it keeps telling me that it is going to run out in 2 days unless I buy a licence. Can somebody please explain this to me because I don't know if it is important or not. Thanks again, Ann

Gongoozler 21:29 29 Jun 04

Hi ozzieann, I'm rather confused about this one because it seems to me to be a composite of 3 things, so just to keep the thread alive I'll make some comments that may - or may not - be useful.

WinRARis a file compression / decompression utility (a bit like WinZip) click here. This utility is available as a 40 day trial download, but after that time it costs $40. If you have this software installed, it could be that there is only 2 days left before it is deactivated.

BT Voyager is an ADSL modem. I wonder if you use AOL as an ISP, use a BT Voyager modem, and in installing it, used the trial version of WinRAR to decompress some vital files.

Gongoozler 06:43 30 Jun 04

Yes, you are correct, I clicked on where you said and that's what it is. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it anymore and just see what happens.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Ann. I'm pleased that I was able to answer your question.

When your trial period for WinRAR expires, you may keep getting pop-ups reminding you to buy it. If that happens, just uninstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…