Winpatrol Is it worth it

suburban train 18:12 24 Jun 05

HI All

I have just downloaded Winpatrol is at any good,

What are its advantages and limitations

Does any one know any good tips?

Cheers

dublincity 18:26 24 Jun 05

It's definitely good - I wouldn't be without it.

You can bar from entry any cookies (e.g. from Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, MSN, Adobe etc.) that you don't want. Or permanently keep those (such as from this site) that you DO want.

Your start-up menu, BHO & running programs list can be managed. You can get alerts when changes to your system are attempted with an option to disallow them.

Other free progs do similar jobs (separately) but WinPatrol is easier to use.

Bill P who makes it is very approachable and helpful and there is a good users forum.

One edition - about a year ago - had memory leaks and problems but, as far as I know, that was sorted out.

Mr Beeline 21:32 24 Jun 05

Yep... not a bad little program. But a certain amount of the functionality (pretty much all in fact) is duplicated to one degree, or another in other freeware (EG. MS Antispyware, SBS&D etc. etc.)

Though must admit that I still continue to let it run, even though I have two other Anti-spyware programs running! Paranoid... you bet.

They are out to get you.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…