WinPatrol duplicate icons on taskbar

VCR97 18:23 PM 15 Jul 12

Anyone else seeing two Scotty icons in the notification area? I'm getting this on three computers. This has happened in the last few days possibly as a result of the recent upgrade. Both icons operate correctly although only one shows the change in appearance when checking things.

Nontek 19:30 PM 15 Jul 12

I just have the normal one icon.

robin_x 21:41 PM 15 Jul 12

One icon as normal for me. But I have seen it on occasion over last 3 years. No idea why or what I did or if it fixed itself.

Try Revo Uninstaller, then re-install latest download version.

birdface 12:25 PM 16 Jul 12

In add remove the latest update shows 2 versions of Winpatrol.That may just be for the pay for version I am not sure.

I deleted them thinking that it was a mistake and then downloaded it again and still have 2 on Add-Remove.

I only have one icon on the Taskbar though.

VCR97 19:45 PM 16 Jul 12

Tonight the two W7 computers are OK but the XP computer still shows two icons. On this computer (W7) Revo shows one instance but Control Panel shows four instances although there's only one in the list of programs. I think that I might do a clean installation tomorrow.

birdface 08:17 AM 17 Jul 12

Use Revo on setting 4 on your XP computer and that should remove all Winpatrol downloads then reinstall it again.

VCR97 20:13 PM 17 Jul 12

I did clean reinstallations from new downloads. All OK now. Strange that all three should have been affected. Dodgy downloads?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know