WinPatrol dog driving me barking mad !

howerdjay 11:34 01 Oct 09

Can anybody help?
I have WinPtrol v15 (2998) installed on my PC and the scotty dog has been barking all night long (I am disabled and have my computer on 24 / 7)
Please can you advise me (in simple terms) how to stop the dog barking without turning off the PC

Thanks in advance

HowerdJay

birdface 12:09 01 Oct 09

Not sure .Options an tick hide scotty taskbar Icon and see if that works.

birdface 12:11 01 Oct 09

Just under the last.Untick play sounds.That does it I think.

howerdjay 12:31 01 Oct 09

Found the tick box and removed it. Dog still barking but hope it might dissapear when I reboot.

HowerdJay

beynac 12:47 01 Oct 09

WinPatrol's Scotty will only bark if there is something that needs your attention. There should be a message box showing what has changed and giving you some options. It is not a good idea to ignore these warnings. If you deal with the prompts, the barking will stop.

BTW there is a newer version of WinPatrol.

birdface 15:02 01 Oct 09

No good if you have to get up during the night to change it.howerdjay has his computer on 24/7 so I can see it being a bit annoying.Turning the sound off should not make any difference.

birdface 15:05 01 Oct 09

[BTW there is a newer version of WinPatrol]
Not any from updates and I have had this version for over a month I think.

birdface 15:08 01 Oct 09

As soon as I turned the sound off and restarted Winpatrol there was no barking.But maybe if something is needing changed it may still bark I am not sure.Let us know how you get on.

morddwyd 19:35 01 Oct 09

Had Winpatrol for several years, never had it bark. I must have made a right selection during install!

Still get regular warnings and heads up though.

p;3 19:53 01 Oct 09

What other protection programs do you have there? Maybe you do actually have an infection and it is barking at you to try and tell you that ?

skidzy 21:16 01 Oct 09

As pointed out Howard, Scotty will only bark if something needs your attention.

This will be a learning curve for Scotty and your computer...Scotty is doing its job for you.

Firstly i would suggest you update Winpatrol (yours is an old version) newest version is WinPatrol [FREE Edition] version 16.1.2009 click here (direct download)

If problems persist, please post the warning Scotty is asking permission for and we can try to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple