Winows XP disk (and licences)

kizandtango 12:52 20 May 03

i got a sharp laptop bout a year ago and may beed the recovery disk soon but iv lost it ! i cant get a replacment can i?so do i hav 2 buy a xp full disk if i wana re install XP ?also how do i purchase a licence to use the disk on 2 comps and how much does a licence cost?

thanks

pete

PS: incase u missed the last post.

TFT for games. "17 is wot i want.n e recomendations?

The Transporter 13:02 20 May 03

I would contact the company where you got the laptop from for an XP installation disc. They should have given you one when you got your PC>

As for two computers. There are lots of threads in teh helproom forum about this subject.

I believe you can use One original copy of XP on one desktop pc and one laptop pc.

If two of the same you should really have two versions of XP.

Silly really as they are both your pcs.

I wuold go to microsoft.com, i am sure they have some information about licenses.

Djohn 15:12 20 May 03

All Microsoft operating systems, 95/98/XP, etc. follow the same rule. 1 O/S = 1 PC.

Microsoft Office, all versions are, 1 application may be loaded on to 2 PC's that belong to the same person. IE: 1 Desktop and 1 Laptop. Regards. J.

hugh-265156 15:21 20 May 03

all i got with my computer was a recovery diskette.from this some time ago i chose to make master cds(option with packard bells)however there were errors on the disc i created.this was a problem as i could no longer restore the computer.i rang packard bell and gave them all my details and they very kindly sent me new discs.try giving sharp a call(have all your purchase details when you do this)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5