winows 2002 freeze up!

CLOK 23:52 03 Jan 03
  CLOK 23:52 03 Jan 03

Does anybody have any advice for me.Someone deleted shared files from my computer and now it has frozen up, I thought that if I formatted my hard drive then I would be able to re-install Windows and start from scratch but it wont boot up or even except a floppy disk to reboot windows, Any suggestions

Djohn 23:55 03 Jan 03

Are you using a Boot floppy, and which version of windows ?

CLOK 00:23 04 Jan 03

Its kinda complicated

We currently have windows 2000 prof, but no software discs with it, so I was trying to install or boot up windows 95 and then update to windows 98 but it wont even except the floppy or let me into control panel. or anything else for that matter!

Djohn 00:38 04 Jan 03

Have you got a 95 boot floppy and one for your CD as I don't think the 95 boot floppy includes CD support?

If not you may need to go in to your BIOS and select CD/Drive as first boot disk, then try again using 95 or 98 CD.

CLOK 00:48 04 Jan 03

yes i have a floppy disk with my win 95 cd, but it will not load the floppy so i can run load 95 with cd as well.

Djohn 00:55 04 Jan 03

I have just re-read your first post, and I'm not quite sure as to whether you have formatted your C.Drive yet! If you have formatted the drive, are you able to get your PC to boot to the A/: Promt ?

CLOK 01:06 04 Jan 03

i have not formatted my c drive , as when i turn my computer on it starts windows up and then freezes up and i have not got any support disks for any drivers etc.

Djohn 01:14 04 Jan 03

OK CLOK, I could attempt to talk you through this one, but I Know there are other members on-line at the moment who will be able to do it more concisely, so I will hand you over to one of them now.

Don't worry if this thread is not picked up straight away, give it a little time and someone will reply. I will keep an eye on it for a while.

Stay on this same thread, don't start a new one, if it slips down the page too far I will bring it back to the top for you. Regards. J.

CLOK 01:49 04 Jan 03

thanks for trying to help me out, the basic is I have a frozen Windows 2000 with no software or back up to cure it! I think I need a miracle

Djohn 01:59 04 Jan 03

This forum can provide miracles, just takes a bit longer than the impossible! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…