WINOLDAP

Confab 14:02 11 Apr 03

I use some software called Evidence Eliminator as part of my regular PC clean-up process. EE as I'll call it from now on deletes all the temp/history files from mt PC, it then switches into DOS mode and cleans, defrags and re-writes my system registry. I have recently upgraged my anti-virus software to Pccillin 2003 (previous versions are no longer supported) and since the upgrade EE won't work properly. When I run the programme it deletes all the temp/history files but when it tries to switch to DOS mode my PC freezes. If I press CTRL ALT DEL only one task shows as running and thats "Winoldap". I can't end task or anything at this stage.

I uninstalled Pccillin and EE worked fine, re-installed it and the problem was back again.

Does anyone know what the task winoldap is or possible how I can get EE to work with pccillin? I've tried to send an email to Pccillin but I can't regaister as a user at the moment because the automated website doesn't reciognise my registration code (even though I bought it direct from Trend and have two e-mails confirming it and it works as a registered copy and I've been a user with them since 1998! This issue is pending with them at the moment)

I'm running win98

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Amber

VoG™ 18:45 11 Apr 03

From a quick search on Google, Winoldap seems to be something to do with Windows 95 (!) e.g. click here

Confab 11:37 12 Apr 03

will leave open one more day

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5