WinMX what are the problems

eego 16:36 17 May 05

My Grandsons want to install WinMX MP3 downloads to my computer. Am I likely to inherit the usual problems KAZAA, WAREZ etc., or can I use another
P2P network that runs without Adware,Spyware etc.

Indigo 1 17:04 17 May 05

I would avoid any P2P file sharing if possible, it is probably the biggest source of Adware, Spyware and Virus' on the net.

It is possible to keep your PC relatively clean if you do regular and thorough scans with good A-V and Anti Malware tools as long as they are up to date.

I think it is possible to keep all downloaded files and related programs like MP3 players on a separate drive or partition and thereby lmit infections to that drive or partition but I could not advise on the best way to do it, start a new thread for that.

DieSse 17:41 17 May 05

If you use legal sources of music downloads, such as in the list here click here

you are very, very, unlikely to pick up any unwanted nasties - and no-one will be tempted into breaking any laws, either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…