WinMX ???

FRANKMAC 19:46 26 Feb 04

A friend asked today if i use WinMX (i didn't even know what it was) - apparently its a similar program to KAZZA - anyone have any views on this - is it loaded with virus's & spy ware?

I am aware of the legal aspect of such programs but wondered ( for my friends sake ) if it could be potentially harmful to any PC ?

AubreyS 20:20 26 Feb 04
  FRANKMAC 18:58 27 Feb 04

Thanks - AubreyS

Anyone installed this software ? any problems ?

jgosden 19:12 27 Feb 04

i don't have it anymore but its true it is like kazza lite with no spyware, still p2p though which is ILLIGAL, ok so we could turn this into a battle of whether p2p is legal but at the end we will conclude if you download something that is copyrighted without paying then its ILLIGAL.

struggle8 19:16 27 Feb 04

its ok no trouble here runs fine good little peer 2 peer file share thingy but dont forget music shareing is illegal

tenplus1 19:18 27 Feb 04

WinMX used to be a pretty good P2P proggy and is still in use today as far as I'm aware, although more people tend to be using other P2P software like iMesh, Kazaa and the Gnutella stuff...

I personally use Shareaza ( click here ) as this can search Gnutella1, Gnutella2, eDonkey and Shareaza's own networks, AND it will allow you to download BitTorrent files... not bad :) and it has no spyware/adware inside...

SpyMan {:o)){--< 19:21 27 Feb 04

In response to jgosden's post....p2p file sharing is NOT illegal. The only thing that is illegal is the transferring of material which has a copyright saying that it has not to be distributed.

People seem to forget that people use programmes like kazaa, winmx etc for valid reasons such as transferring files/documents (especially large ones) from people that know each other and/or people that have slow connections that may have to pause the download at any point.

K++ lite (its like KaZaA without the spyware and adverts) is in my opinion the best p2p programme available...and although people struggle to find this programme as it has been 'discontinued'....there is still one link that you can get the download from.

If you want the link please reply

regards

Graham

K.H 20:54 27 Feb 04

i would like the kazaa lite link.

much appreciated

K.H

pat2068 21:03 27 Feb 04

i would also like the kazaa lite link

thanks leo

muppetmark 21:03 27 Feb 04

Let us not forget that K++ lite is in itself illegal software !!!!

It being Kazaa decompiled against the EULA and then recompiled without the Spyware.

SpyMan {:o)){--< 22:25 27 Feb 04

I will probably get in trouble for doung this....but this is the ling to k++ lite....the only place you can still get it.

Enjoy!!!

click here

regards

Graham

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…